DotFest was created to present and reward the very best in international independent short filmmaking. We are utilizing new technology to distribute the work of the world's most talented filmmakers to a worldwide audience.
1. GENERAL INFORMATION
DotFest is a competition among filmmakers in which best short films will be selected for screening during the festival via the internet and awarded by an expert jury and the audience. DotFest accepts short films in the following categories: Fiction, Animation, Music video and Experimental films. Members of respected International Jury will choose Best Award in each category. This evaluation process will be done through online official conference. The winner in each category will receive a cash prize. The Audience Award winner will be decided by the audience through online voting.
2. KEY DATES
• Submissions open: November 1st, 2009.
• Submissions close: March 1st, 2010.
• DotFest, including final jury selection and public voting, will take place from April 1st – April 18th, 2010.
• DotFest Awards will be announced in April 18th 2010.
3. FILM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
All films must meet the following requirements and specifications to be eligible:
* Films must have been made after January 2007.
* Films must fit into one of the competition categories: Fiction, Animation, Music video and Experimental films.
* The film must be no more than 10 minutes in total running time, including titles and credits.
* You may submit more than one film.
* Films can only be submitted electronically
* The submitted film must be in Windows Media format
* Screen dimensions must be: 640x480 for DV, 853x480 for widescreen DV or 1280x720 for HD.
* Frame rate must be either 30 fps or 25 fps.
* Non-English language films must have English subtitles.
* Any unauthorized use of copyrighted materials is prohibited.
* DotFest will reserve the right to refuse any entry at its own discretion. Submitted material must not contain obscene, unlawful or objectionable material.
* Content created to promote any product or service will not be accepted.
4. ENTRY PROCESS
Complete the following steps to register and submit your film:
1. Click to Registration Form and complete all information requested.
2. Once you have completed and submitted the required registration information, DotFest will make arrangements to review your film.
3. You have to upload your film digitally via movielocker.com . Video files are fully copyright protected by DRM (advanced Digital Rights Management technologies) which are approved and used by Hollywood film studios. Viewers can watch your video, but not distribute it in any way.
4. Any films eligable for the final jury voting must have completed the registration process and be submitted no later than March 1st, 2010.
All short films registered at the festival’s site will be reviewed by the DotFest Selection Committee. Directors selected for the festival will be notified via e-mail. The list of all selected films will be published on our web site on April 1st, 2010. All selected movies will be posted on www.dotfest.net and available for public viewing. The public voting phase will be between April 1st, 2010 and April 14th, 2010. During the pubic voting phase anyone visiting the site will be able to rate the films and leave comments.
The film with the most public votes will be eligible to receive the Audience Award. The jury voting phase will be between April 15th, 2010 and April 18th, 2010. Anyone will be able to watch debate in real-time live stream online on April 18.
DotFest Awards will be announced on April 18th 2010
International Jury will choose Best Award in each category. The winner in each category will receive a cash prize. The prize goes to the filmmaker.
The Audience Award winner will be decided by the audience through online voting. DotFest Awards will be announced in April 18th 2010.
Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of all the afore-mentioned regulations and respect of the present regulation The festival will discuss borderline cases with the filmmakers/producers.